Rowing Off-Season Training

So the summer’s here for all of us in the Northeast (US), so I’d thought I would share some of the types of workouts I’ve been experimenting with to prepare myself for the next rowing season (fall/spring).

Note: I do not have access to water rowing or the ergometer so my summer workouts will not consist of those but I try to incorporate the necessary movements and muscles.

Option 1 - Weekly Schedule
Day 1: Mileage run + calisthenics
Day 2: Weights
Day 3: Interval run + lesser calisthenics
Day 4: Weights
Day 5: Mileage run
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Light weights or run

Option 2 - Weekly Schedule
Day 1: Weights
Day 2: Water Paddle workouts
Day 3: Mileage run
Day 4: Water Paddle workouts
Day 5: Interval run
Day 6: Weights
Day 7: Rest

These are two of the overall weekly workout schedules I have tried and they’ve seemed to work fairly well at keeping my overall rowing fitness at a good level.

0 comments:

Post a Comment