Binghamton Crew Triathlon - Imminent Destruction

Two days left before the crew's annual make-shift triathlon. The regiment goes:
- 7500m erg
- ~4 miles running
- 10 sets of 15-floor stairs (called "towers")

This is one of the crew's traditions. The winner of each squad earns a hammer, spray-painted over with gold colored spray paint; the symbol of hard-work and pure power/skill. There's no way in hell I'm winning this year, but I'll still put my best effort. As I've made clear over and over, my ultimate goal by the end of this season is to maximize my rowing potential before I'm done. There will not be "I should've done this, I should've tried harder, etc." No bullshit.

One of the hardest things I've been training my mind to do is absolute self-discipline. I think my solo winter training regiment is working very well in that respect. My 2k time has been a consistent sub-7:30, exactly where I want to be. At the same time, I haven't gained an ounce of weight (that fight's getting pretty depressing). So I plan to stick to as much of the plan as I can until we hit Spring Training, then we'll see.

For now, the upcoming triathlon is just a contest: can I overcome myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment