Modified Pete-Plan: A Success

I'm finally back to give updates on my crew training life, as I've been sidetracked by other personal things (hence the unusual delay in updates). I ended up not doing the final 2K of my solo training. I don't like admitting that I'm scare of it; so I won't.

But, upon the return of the crew came a first week of erg tests: 10K, 6K, 2K. For the 10K and 6K, I was able to hit my PRs (set during my solo training) with relative ease. [Not to say that it didn't hurt, but it felt really controlled]. My 2K, done on Friday morning, was a bit disappointing though: 7:31.8 overall. It did not feel easy, but it felt strangely quick though. By quick, I mean a feeling like I might have mentally passed out completely somewhere in the middle of the piece, as opposed to feeling good and fast. That was roughly 7 seconds off my 2K PR, but during the time when I had my before-mentioned "personal things", I put off training.

Overall, my slightly modified Pete-plan seemed a great success. I made vast improvements on my distance erg pieces. If anything, I stayed in great physical shape. I'll try to keep going with this plan (alone I think, my crew is too fearful of the plan) and push that 2K time down.

It's my senior year; it's now or never. PUSH ON.

0 comments:

Post a Comment