Winter Training - Solo Journey Day 10

The weather in Binghamton has been getting much better since yesterday. Sunny, clear and felt like the upper 30s, lower 40s (°F). Looks like spring is starting to pop its head out, though pretty early for a place like this.

Everyone knows that great weather is the catalyst that makes for a happy start of anyone's day. Today was just that day. A great start to the anticipated all-out 6K erg workout of the day.

My original tentative plan was to have an all-out 5K every Friday. But last night and this morning, I had been contemplating the extended version of the devilish 5K. I hadn't done a 6K in well over a year and so my previous times were probably well outdated (my entire 1st year of rowing). The 6K seems to be a more legitimate erg distance than the 5K anyway (according to what many rowing coaches for ask anyway). So I thought why not do it today while I was feeling more upbeat.

As far as my personal improvement was concern, the 6K was a complete success. I was able to pull a 24:22.7 (2:01.8 split at 26 spm). A clear personal record (PR). That was a 30-second total time cut from my last 6K. I'm going to think that, for a 141 pound (64 kg) guy, this isn't so bad.

Next Friday, the anticipation of the gruesome 2K. My PR is currently 7:24 established last April. It probably would be a huge stretch, but I'm hoping for a 7:20 at the very least. This would be the conclusion of my 3-week training regiment and will be the ultimate test for the success of my program. Not sure how much more power this little body can squeeze out but I guess we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment